Friday, August 22, 2008

The Omnivore’s Hundred

Here is a list somebody put together across the ocean. These are the foods we "should" eat before we die.

At the age of 23 I believe I am doing quite well. Quite well indeed! I have eaten 45?!!? I have SO many years to do the rest! It was really fun Googleing the ones I didn't know and then makin' little mental notes so I can check, check, check, em off my list as I continue on my foodie adventures.

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.

The VGT Omnivore's Hundred:

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros(spicy eggs, oh my!)
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding(Hey there, Birmingham England!)
7. Cheese fondue(Um, duh.)
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush (Hummus's eggplant cousin Baba!)
11. Calamari
12. Pho(Thanks Brit!)
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle(Oh, sweet baby Jesus, yes)
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes( Mead count? Honey wine?)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream(Pistachio ice cream is tied with Red Bean as my favorite.)
21. Heirloom tomatoes( Hey, Tennessee)
22. Fresh wild berries( Again with the Hey Tennessee. Blackberries galore!)
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans(OK, weird one, but OK)
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters (Just Mussels at this point)
29. Baklava( Not a fan. It's too sweet.)
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl(I've had the CC and the SB, but not the CCSB)
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float( I LOVE root beer floats!!!!)
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea( On a plane when I was 13)
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O (Hey, 1047 parties.)
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more(Oh, someday.)
46. Fugu(Ahhhhhh!!!Blowfish! Maybe someday...)
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut(Hey, Tennessee. KK in microwave?Mmm.)
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal(I think so.)
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV(Which is weird, because I'm not a beer girl.Dani's a whisky girl.)
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips(On frozen kefer!)
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads(I know!!!Mmmm glands of young cows. Delish...)
63. Kaolin
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake(All of the above?)
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain(Oh, mama.)
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho( Not a fan. It's like cold drinkable pasta sauce.)
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe( Um, I have had this. Abroad. Waaay abroad with Brian.)
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill (Ew.)
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie( Once, upon a time...)
78. Snail(Yum!)
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini( I have SUCH a Bellinis in Venice story.)
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky(On the 4th of July)
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.(Alinea)
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers(In a salad once.)
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam ( Sighhh. Hey, Tennessee)
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox( Hey, Hey, Stagedoor Bagel Day.)
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

1 comment:

kelli morgan said...

There are only two things on that list that I've had and you haven't - paneer and a dirty gin martini. Figures.

You REALLY haven't had paneer? Indian food. Mmm.